THE HISTORY OF OUR LLANDRINDOD WELLS HOTEL
The Metropole Hotel has witnessed many changes in Llandrindod Wells during the last 141 years. Motor cars have become commonplace, guest eating habits have changed, health crazes have come and gone. One thing that HAS remained constant… The Metropole Hotel.
It has always remained very much a family affair with its current owners Justin Baird-Murray and his sister Sarah Hill being the fifth generation still at the helm.
The current owners buy the hotel.
On the 1st December 1897, Elizabeth Miles bought The Bridge Hotel from James Lewis Wilding for the sum of £7,850. The Bridge Hotel, now known as The Metropole Hotel, is still owned and run by the same family to this day.
On 1st August 1911, the name of the hotel was changed from The Bridge to The Metropole.