Just a 25 minute drive from The Metropole Hotel and Spa, the elan valley estate attracts a wide variety of visitors and a good starting point for all is the visitor centre which has a wide variety of information and educational and interactive resources.
Stretching 72 square miles, the Elan Estate attracts more than 400,000 visitors annually. Many people come to enjoy the peace and quiet, some come for the wildlife and scenery, whilst others take part in more active pursuits. The dams and reservoirs of the Elan Estate are situated within an area of outstanding scenic beauty. They provide a lasting amenity in their own right for visitors to enjoy.
- Visitor Centre at the Elan Estate
• Open 7 days a week (10:00 am to 4:00 pm for Winter hours)
• Cafè and Gift Shop.
• Exhibition area on the 6 dams, geology and hydropower of the Elan Estate
• Information on various events and activities
• Information on Walking and Cycle Routes for all levels of fitness
• Ranger Tours to discover hidden secrets
• Angling within easy access on lakes and rivers as used by The Commonwealth Fly Fishing Championships.
- Stargazing - International Dark Sky Status
Elan Valley Estate is the first privately owned and publicly accessible park in the world to achieve International Dark Sky Park status. View the cosmos under natural darkness in an idyllic location. Visit their webpage for International Dark Sky Park details
- Cycle Hire - for all levels of fitness
Situated at the heart of the Elan Valley Cycle trail, there are bikes of different types for all ages at very reasonable rates by the hour or day. Visit their webpage for Cycle Hire details