The Elan Valley Estate attracts a wide variety of visitors and a good starting point for all is the Visitor Centre which has a wide variety of information and educational and interactive resources.
Stretching 72 square miles, the Elan Estate attracts more than 400,000 visitors annually. Many people come to enjoy the peace and quiet, some come for the wildlife and scenery, whilst others take part in more active pursuits.
The dams and reservoirs of the Elan Estate are situated within an area of outstanding scenic beauty. They provide a lasting amenity in their own right for visitors to enjoy.
The Elan Visitor Centre | 25 minute drive from The Metropole Hotel
• Open 7 days a week 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
• Cafè and Gift Shop.
• Exhibition area on the 6 dams, geology and hydropower of the Elan Estate
• Information on various events and activities
• Walking Routes for all levels of fitness
• Cycle Routes and Cycle Hire for the level and off terrain.
• Dark Sky Zone Status for inspiring night viewing
• Ranger Tours to discover hidden secrets
• Angling within easy access on lakes and rivers as used by The Commonwealth Fly Fishing Championships.
For further information visit http://www.elanvalley.org.uk/